We started hiking and I was so excited because it was my very first backpacking trip. I learned one very important rule, "You go as fast as the slowest hiker!" Uncle James started out as the slowest hiker, then I was, and then it was Aunt Jessi.
After hiking for a while it became very shady from a grove of very tall trees. I saw a little tiny stream and had fun walking down and exploring it. I thought it was really pretty. Then we ran into Uncle Jed, Tucker, Hannah, Hallie, and Stella. They were hiking out and Tucker gave me a flashlight.

Once we had hiked a bit farther Uncle James decide he wanted to hike up the mountain a ways to see where we were at. Aunt Jessi and I went up the mountain too. We saw Lost Lake from there, which was pretty close to Hidden Lake. It was a beautiful view.
We stopped to rest on a rock when we noticed a fork in the path that had three different directions to choose from. We weren't sure which way to go but in the end we decided on the path that went furthest left. We found some clues as we were going that reassured us that we had chosen the correct path.
When we got to the lake I saw Carter and Tyler hunting for tadpoles and I decided to join in. There were a few times that I even caught some frogs that still had tails.
I found a spot where a whole bunch of tadpoles where resting. Whenever I put my foot in the water they all swam away. Sometimes I was able to catch a few.
SO I wouldn't scare the tadpoles away, I learned to jump from rock to rock. Uncle Neil saw my reflection in the water and took this picture. I just love it.

This is a picture of the frog that Tyler caught but I caught one too. Whenever I put the frog in the bucket it just jumped right back out.
It was nice and warm outside and I enjoyed getting my feet wet to help cool me off. But swimming in the lake was a completely different story. The water was freezing cold!

Uncle Neil was kind enough to let me ride on his back. It helped me be brave enough to dunk my whole body under water.



I'm so glad you were able to come backpacking with us McKayla, we had such a good time. I hope we can go again next summer. Love, Aunt Jessi
ReplyDelete